Thursday, May 26, 2011

Song of the Day: The Shins - Girl Inform Me

I recently read that The Shins are working on a new album, which I think I'm excited about. There was a time around when their second album came out that they were one of my favorite bands, and I still think the first two albums are the shit. But I didn't find the third LP all that fascinating, and I didn't care much for lead singer James Mercer's Broken Bells, so I'm hesitant to get my hopes up too much.

But still...the first album especially...it's just so good (here I find it necessary to validate my fandom by repeating that I was listening to them pre-Garden State and was lucky to see them play to about 100 people back then). While "New Slang" is probably the best song, it was so overplayed that I feel the need to share something else, and there are so many great songs to choose from, this isn't exactly a chore. So here's "Girl Inform Me," one of many perfect pop songs from Oh, Inverted World.

No comments:

Post a Comment