Thursday, July 21, 2011

Song of the Day: The Rosebuds - Limitless Arms

I've declared my love for The Rosebuds before, but in looking back at this post, I realize I mistakenly quantified my adoration by writing that they are one of my favorite Raleigh bands. In fact, they're one of my favorite bands, period.

This fact made itself apparent to me last night, as I listened to their new album, Loud Planes Fly Low (truth be told, I only listened to the first side - twice). What I heard was quite different from previous albums; while I would consider them basically a pop/rock band, they experimented with dance on Night of the Furies, and this new album (at least the first half) seems much more soft rock (and by that I mean no disrespect). Ivan Howard's voice, always one of the band's biggest strengths, sounds even better in these slower songs - check out "Limitless Arms" for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment