Monday, December 13, 2010

Song of the Day: The Rosebuds - Hold Hands and Fight

Kicking off another week of NC bands is one of my favorite all-time Raleigh bands, The Rosebuds.  My first exposure to the band was a long out-of-print split single with a band called Utah!.  It features two songs which would eventually turn up, with different mixes, on their debut LP.

But it's their second LP, Birds Make Good Neighbors, which turned me into a hardcore fan - the album even made by top 21 of the 2000s list.  It kicks off with what I consider the best song in their catalog, "Hold Hands and Fight."  Ivan Howard has a great voice, the backing vocals are tremendous, and I really like how the song builds in intensity.  As I've mentioned many times before to anyone who will listen, I had the opportunity to guest DJ at Indie 103.1 a few years ago, and I was extremely excited to play this song.  I thought for sure anyone who heard this song would go out and buy the album - it's just impossible for me to describe how good it is.  I don't know if that happened, but hopefully anyone reading this will take a chance on one of the best bands playing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment