Friday, September 17, 2010

Song of the Day: The Chambers Brothers - All Strung Out Over You

I first heard The Chambers Brothers on a commercial about 10 years ago.  I'm not sure what the product was (effective advertising), and I actually thought the song was by the Rolling Stones.  Through the glory of the internet, I found out it was actually "The Time Has Come" by The Chambers Brothers (also interesting is that these really are four brothers, literally and in the parlance of our times, plus a white dude on drums...just not something you see much any more, unfortunately).  Further research led to many recommendations for the album of the same name.

This song is my favorite from the album - the backing vocals (including the "ooohs") are fantastic, and the lead singer sounds a bit like Otis Redding.  Handclaps and cowbells are an added bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment