Thursday, June 23, 2011

Song of the Day: Lambchop - Up with People

I bought two Lambchop CDs (Nixon and What Another Man Spills) based on downloading a couple of songs from Napster, but truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of the band. I like the idea of Lambchop ("Nashville's Most Fucked Up Country Band"), but I just can't get into the records. That said, when a Lambchop song occasionally pops up on my iPod, I usually enjoy it - maybe I just haven't given them enough of a chance?

What exactly is my point? I don't know either. But this song intrigues me and is the one title I could remember, so it evidently made some sort of impression on me. The background vocals remind me of Exile on Main St, but I can't quite place any other elements. Let me know if there are other Lambchop songs I should be listening to and enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment