Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Song of the Day: My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday [live]

I'm going to see MMJ tonight for the fifth time. The venue has gotten bigger each time - it started at the Cat's Cradle in 2003, then I moved to LA and saw them at the Fonda, then the Wiltern, then the Greek. For their new album, Circuital, I guess they're scaling it back a bit, playing at the Pantages (apparently a capacity of about 2,700, compared to 6,000+ at the Greek).

In case you've never seen them in person, let me clue you in to something - they may be the best live band on the planet. Now, it's been a few years since I last saw them, and by all accounts the new album is more laid back (I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail), but I'm still expecting a hell of a show. As such, it seems appropriate to share the song that they always seem to play and that always brings the crowd to another level - from their live album, Okonokos, this is "One Big Holiday."

No comments:

Post a Comment