Monday, January 4, 2010

Favorite Records of 2009

These are the best records I heard in 2009.  I'm sure this list will change, as there are a number of records I didn't hear or didn't get a chance to spend much time with.  But as of today, here's my list:

1. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
2. Cass McCombs - Catacombs
3. Kurt Vile - Childish Prodigy
4. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
5. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
6. Deerhunter - Rainwater Cassette Exchange
7. Flaming Lips - Embryonic
8. Real Estate - Real Estate
9. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
10. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Why There Are Mountains

Records that might make the list that I only recently heard or didn't spend enough time with:
Them Crooked Vultures, Blackroc, The Clientele, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Yo La Tengo

Songs of 2009 coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment