Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Favorites Songs of 2009

I feel like I'm always catching up on my music - still have way too much stuff from 2009 that I haven't listened to.  So these are the ten best songs I heard in 2009 from 2009 (more or less)

1. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
2. Knotty Pine - David Byrne/Dirty Projectors
3. My Body's a Zombie for You - Dead Man's Bones
4. Rainwater Cassette Exchange - Deerhunter
5. Psychic City - YACHT
6. Prima Donna - Cass McCombs
7. Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
8. Stillness Is the Move - Solange
9. Norway - Beach House
10. Elephants - Warpaint

I love the DP version of "Stillness" but what Solange did is just awesome.  Really shows what a great song it is.  And the Beach House song is technically on their 2010 album, but the song was available (legally) in 2009.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see some Yeah Yeah Yeahs on here....I love Soft Shock from It's Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only listened to the new YYYs once, so I should give it a few more spins

    ReplyDelete