Friday, January 22, 2010

this week at Amoeba

I had a rather epic trip to Amoeba this week, in that I eclipsed my previous high in spending.  I blame box sets.

Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP
Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne (the reissue)
Nirvana - Live at Reading (very disappointed this didn't come with an mp3 code, especially since it was about 30 bucks)
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home (ditto this - $22 and no mp3s?  Lame)
Elvis Costello - Trust (now I think I own all his very-good-to-excellent albums on vinyl)
Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheaper Thrills (a live album)
Phil Collins - Face Value (Philip Bailey's Easy Lover 45 plus the Hangover put me on a Phil Collins kick)
Rolling Stones - Singles Collection (a box set of their Abcko stuff)
R.E.M. - Live at Olympia (what can I say?  I'm an REM completist.  Plus this is really good - much better than the REM - Live from a couple years ago...which of course I also have)
Hot Chip - Over and Over (a white sleeve 12" with different versions than the other ones I have)

Also bought some used Dylan and the Band jukebox 45s, the White Stripes "Hardest Button to Button" and At the Drive-In "One-Armed Scissor."  All in all, a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment