Friday, October 22, 2010

Song of the Day: Final Fantasy - This Lamb Sells Condos

I'm going to see Owen Pallett at the Echoplex tonight, so I figured it was time to share one of his best songs. He may be better known as Final Fantasy, before he had to change the name, or he may be even more well-known as an arranger for Arcade Fire and other bands.

I'm really looking forward to the show, as I understand that he plays and loops himself, as Liam Finn and Jon Brion do. He's also a terrific violin player, though this song ignores the violin in favor of showcasing his piano skills. I really like the female voices in the second half of the song, and it's just a very strange, mesmerizing track. It's also the only song I can think of that uses the phrase "massive genitals."  In fact, this is the real reason why I'm posting it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment