Monday, October 25, 2010

Song of the Day: Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!

My eighth concert in the last month was this past Saturday's Sufjan Stevens show at the Wiltern.  He's currently touring for his new The Age of Adz LP, and while I'd love to share a song from that album, I actually haven't heard it (long story short - I preordered it on vinyl and it's yet to arrive). 

Instead, I'll share my favorite song from his Illinois LP, which I actually played on Indie 103.1 when I was a guest DJ (my Indie 103.1 playlist can be listened to here).  I love the bassline in this song, and like most of his songs, the arrangements are spectacular - strings, keyboards, and of course the voices all sound wonderful.  After a couple of listens, I guarantee you'll be spelling Illinois the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment