Thursday, October 21, 2010

Song of the Day: Belle and Sebastian - I Want the World to Stop

Well I repeated a band on Tuesday, so let's go ahead and do it again.  I've been listening to the new Belle and Sebastian a lot, and while it's not quite as eclectic as their last LP, The Life Pursuit (one of my favorite records of the 2000s), it's definitely on par with their earlier output.

In fact, I hadn't heard Write About Love when I saw B&S in concert a few weeks ago, and I had trouble discerning the new songs from the old ones.  Apparently I was about the only one with that problem, as they have a very faithful and excitable fan base (I should note I'm a pretty huge fan but don't know all their records inside and out.  Also, this was my second time seeing them, and both times they put on one hell of a show).

When I did finally hear the album, I instantly recognized this song as one of the best from the show.  The bassline is amazing, and it's probably the catchiest song on the LP.

No comments:

Post a Comment