Thursday, February 24, 2011

Song of the Day: Sebadoh - Not a Friend

I don't understand why Sebadoh's reunion isn't getting anywhere near the hype of that of Pavement. Or Pixies. Or Dinosaur Jr (of which Sebadoh's head honcho, Lou Barlow, is also a part of). OK - they weren't as influential as those bands. But still, for '90s indie rock, it really doesn't get much better than Sebadoh.

Yet somehow, tonight's show at the Troubadour, in which they're celebrating the reissue of the iconic Bakesale, isn't even sold out. This, dear readers, is a travesty. To do my small, small part in getting my two loyal readers (hi Mom! hi me!) excited about the show, I'm posting one of my favorite tracks off of Bakesale. That album, Harmacy, Bubble & Scrape and III - all classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment