Monday, March 21, 2011

Song of the Day: Bob Mould - Thumbtack

As I've mentioned before, I love Bob Mould, in a purely platonic way. I never got a chance to see my favorite Bob Mould group (Sugar), but I have had the pleasure of seeing him live twice. The second time, he was part of an amazing show at the Walt Disney Hall in downtown LA called "Songs of the City." It included, among others, Dan of Grizzly Bear, John Doe of X, She and Him before they even had a name, Kip from TV on the Radio, Zach Rogue of Rogue Wave, Sondre Lerche...and a few others I wasn't familiar with at the time. The most amazing thing about this show? My wife and I had front row center seats. That's never happened to me before, and each of these artists were literally about 10 feet from us. It was wonderful.

Each artist played two songs, and since most of the songs were about city life, I had a feeling Mould would break out this one. Thankfully, he obliged, and it was a beautiful rendition of this song off his self-titled solo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment