Thursday, March 17, 2011

Songs of the Day: Fleetwood Mac - That's All for Everyone, Save Me a Place, Beautiful Child

I've been extremely lax lately and haven't posted a song since Monday, so I'm hoping to make it up to you (me) by going for a threesome. As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I've been on the mother of all Fleetwood Mac kicks, listening to as much Tusk as possible.

While it's not exactly the White Album, Tusk suffers and benefits from a lack of cohesion. It's more a collection of songs than an album, though the songs do share an aesthetic quality - they are immaculately produced. Like any double LP, there are a few clunkers, but the good outweighs the bad by miles (to mix metaphors).

And to me, these are the best of the best - "That's All for Everyone" could be a Lindsey Buckingham solo song, "Save Me a Place" has the entire group harmonizing, and "Beautiful Child" stands up to the best Stevie Nicks songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment