Thursday, February 25, 2010

Song of the Day: The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored

I would consider myself an Anglophile, and for a while in the late 90s/early 00s I was listening to almost anything that came out of the UK.  A subscription to NME eventually led me to the "Madchester" scene of the late '80s/early '90s, which thankfully brought The Stone Roses debut album into my life.

I probably don't appreciate this eponymous album as much as I should, but the opening track is one of my all-time favorites, and I was more than happy to fork over $15 to get the 12" single at the Pasadena flea market recently.

What's so great about this song?  The bassline is fantastic, and while there are only about 10 or so words in the entire song, I just love the sentiment.  If ever a song captured the rock and roll ideal - "you adore me" - it's this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment