Sunday, May 2, 2010

Song of the Day: The Black Crowes - Wiser Time

Although obviously already familiar with the Black Crowes, I bought Amorica when it was released thinking it had a song on it that was actually by another band entirely. This would be a better story if I could remember what song it was, but it was 16 years ago and I can't remember yesterday all that well.

I enjoyed the singles off of the first two BC albums, but listening to Amorica, I was really impressed with how different it sounded from those songs. They no longer seemed to be emulating the Stones and Faces (not that that's a bad thing), and while they weren't exactly reinventing the wheel, the album has a much looser feel (witness the many pot references in the songs and album packaging). It's really difficult to pick a song from this album, but I'm going with "Wiser Time" because I really like how the Robinson brothers sing together on this track.

No comments:

Post a Comment