Friday, December 3, 2010

Song of the Day: Dead Man's Bones - My Body's a Zombie for You

While I was initially suspicious of positive reviews of Dead Man's Bones, given the involvement of Ryan Gosling (who I like as an actor, but let's face it - the list of actor's in decent bands is a short one), I really enjoyed their debut album.  In fact, this track was one of my favorite songs of 2009, in part because seeing them play it live at the Echo with the Silverlake Conservatory of Music (about 20 kids, ranging in age from about 5 to 16) was an amazing experience.  The kids were so into this song and the chanting chorus, it was a real pleasure to see first-hand in such a small venue.

Click below for the song or read the following rant.  Apparently Grooveshark doesn't actually test new software before bringing it to the masses, and right now the song embedding isn't working.  Not only that, but my entire "now playing" queue of 170 songs was deleted with the new version.  And not only that, but now every time I go to the page, my queue is gone again.  Oh, and the site has frozen up numerous times in the hour I've been using it this morning.  But other than that, it works great!

The link:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/My_Body_s_A_Zombie_For_You/2p7G3J

The embed, which at the time of this posting isn't working, but maybe later it will?

No comments:

Post a Comment