Sunday, July 4, 2010

Song of the Day: The Allman Brothers - Les Brers in A Minor

I hated Southern Rock growing up in NC.  Classic Rock radio was overrun with it, and to me it represented rednecks and racists.  That was obviously a narrow-minded point of view, and it kept me from recognizing the genius of The Allman Brothers until I was in college.  Now I consider their first 4-5 albums classics, though Eat a Peach is the one I keep going back to.  Not only does it include some of their biggest hits (though I could do without the two-sided "Mountain Jam"), but includes this gem.  After the initial warm-up, check out the bassline and the dual guitars that come in around the four-minute mark.  These guys probably had some of the best instrumental tracks in Rock, and this is definitely one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment