Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Song of the Day: Lissie - Oh Mississippi

I first posted this song just a few days before I started the "song of the day" posts, back when I had one reader (me) instead of three.  Between that and the fact that the old link to the song is dead, thanks to the demise of Lala, I thought it was worth making this an "official" recognition of how awesome Lissie is.

Also, at that time, I did not have the Why You Runnin' 10" EP that contains this song, which is pressed on swirled pink vinyl.


This is an excellent EP, and I'm really excited to see she has a full-length coming out in August. Lissie has probably one of the best voices I've heard in the past few years, and I hope she has the songwriting to match. This song from her EP makes me very optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment