Saturday, July 3, 2010

Song of the Day: Liars - Plaster Casts of Everything

My first exposure to Liars was the video for this song (which I unfortunately can't embed).  I think it stuck with me in part because I had just seen Death Proof, Tarantino's half of Grindhouse, and the video has some similarities.  I since bought a few Liars albums and have seen them both in a small venue (well, not according to this guy) and at the Hollywood Bowl (opening for Radiohead).  They are not the kind of band whose songs get stuck in your head after one or two listens - they're definitely growers.  But even my wife, who has been subjected to this song numerous times, has admitted she likes it, though I certainly didn't expect her to (I tortured her with it anyways).  Give it a few spins and see what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment