Sunday, April 11, 2010

Song of the Day: Death Cab for Cutie - Company Calls

Last night I went to see Ben Gibbard, lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie, play a solo show at the Largo. I'm not the biggest DCfC fan, but I own a few of their albums and thought the show would be worthwhile, particularly seeing someone from a band that usually plays to 10 times as many people.

I may write a post about the show itself, but for now I'll concentrate on the song of the day, off of We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes (2000). This is my favorite DCfC album, and one of the records in my collection that regularly goes for over $100 on eBay (which means it will likely be reissued on vinyl soon, killing the value). Also my favorite DCfC song, one that brings to mind early Modest Mouse or Built to Spill.


No comments:

Post a Comment