Friday, April 9, 2010

Song of the Day: Spinal Tap - Big Bottom

My dad introduced me to This Is Spinal Tap when I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I've probably never thanked him for it, despite it being one of my favorite movies.  Almost every band has a "Spinal Tap" story of their own, and it should be a right of passage that you have to see this movie to even be in a band.

Although there are many that bring tears to my eyes, the scene that perfectly encapsulates why This Is Spinal Tap is one of the funniest movies ever made is the "11" scene:



And while I've never had the urge to buy the soundtrack, some of the songs are equally hilarious. The best is "Big Bottom," featuring a triple (!) bass attack, and some fantastic puns (my favorite - "how could I leave this behind?" Listening to this makes me feel 11 all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment