Monday, April 12, 2010

Song of the Day: Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun [live]

I'm feeling pretty basic this morning. This is from the live Band of Gypsys album and one of my favorite Hendrix songs. I once saw a guy named Gibb Droll play this with his band, and by the time he got to the end, he had torn out all his strings save one, and was playing the solo on that one string. It was one of the greatest performances I'd ever seen, and there were probably only 20 people there. It takes balls to play a Hendrix song and this guy killed it.

But Hendrix isn't too bad either - take a listen


2 comments:

  1. Also Josh - Gibb had to tell the rest of his band how to play the song. They had never played it before. which is completely nuts. He did it for my birthday, which is even more awesome. and then ian got his car towed. good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well his band was pretty talented then too - the drumming on that song is pretty tough.

    I forgot about Ian's car. Well, that show was worth getting your car towed

    ReplyDelete