Thursday, April 29, 2010

Video: Stevie Nicks singing backstage

This video is courtesy of a Sports Guy tweet from a few months ago. It has since become an obsession of mine. I can't exactly put my finger on why, though a few things about this are clearly awesome:

1. Stevie Nicks has an awesome voice (duh)
2. The woman harmonizing has a really fantastic voice too, though she doesn't get enough camera time here
3. I love how the makeup woman just gives up on trying to do apply makeup, and she stands back and starts watching this unfold
4. The way Stevie looks at and sings to the makeup woman (around the 1:05 mark)
5. How Stevie doubles over in laughter at the end, like that's the most fun she's ever had

I guess part of the appeal is the voyeurism, like you're watching something that only the people backstage were meant to see.  Hell, maybe it's actually an elaborate setup, but I prefer to think this is just a great candid moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment