Thursday, April 1, 2010

Song of the Day: Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger

In college I worked at the Blockbuster Music (remember those?) on Franklin Street. We got a promo copy of (What's the Story) Morning Glory, and since no one else wanted it, I took it home. I had heard of Oasis's first album, but never actually heard it, and I didn't expect much.

Instead, I found that I really loved the album, and it made the band huge stars in the US (they were - and remain for reasons I can't fathom - huge stars in the UK).  While "Wonderwall" was the big single (I even put it on a mix tape), I now find a lot of the album to be somewhat difficult.  The reason - Liam Gallagher's voice.  It grates on me now a little bit, and though I still think "Wonderwall" "Champagne Supernova" are good songs, it's "Don't Look Back in Anger" (sung by Noel) that has now become the mix tape staple.



No comments:

Post a Comment